BTWFAAFI Financial Achievements
The Booker T. Washington High School Friends and Alumni Foundation, Inc. was foundered in December 2006 and is recognizes as a tax exempt organization under Section 501 C-3 of the Internal Revenue Code. The purpose of the Foundation is to provide financial assistance to the various academic and athletic programs at Booker T. Washington High School and to award annual scholarships and scholarship assistance to graduating seniors.
Each year, Booker T. Washington High School must manage funds in its yearly budget to finance thirty-six (36) departmental programs, activities and capital projects. The ongoing efforts of the Booker T. Washington Foundation are to make substantial contributions to help enhance their budget. We are profoundly grateful to those corporations, businesses, foundations, friends and alumni members that have provided financial support through pledges and other forms of planned giving.
Since many of the students and their families are in dire need of financial assistance; one of the Foundation’s goals is to help defray the cost of testing fees, equipment, supplies and other basic materials that are fundamental to the educational development of the students. Thanks to the contributions , the Foundation has helped with the following:
* 40 Scholarships contribution to BTW Students
* SAT Testing Fees
* Music Programs for the: Chorus, Orchestra, Concert and Marching Band
* Field Trips
* NCAA eligibility workshops for guidance counselors, coaches, students and parents
* Lighting in Stadium and Gymnasium
* Shoot for the Stars Stay-in-School Program
* Purchasing of Girls Track Uniforms
* Provided financial support for Boys and Girls Track Team trip to Penn relay
* Provided financial support for books and equipment for scholarship students attending JMU
* Purchased uniforms for the JV Girls Basketball Team
* Provided financial support to the Baseball team via Sam Allen and Foundation
* Placed Name Plates of donors on the Wall of Fame Board and Auditorium Seats
* Varsity Baseball Uniforms
* Purchased Football Practice Equipment
* Financed 20 students to attend two out of town College Expo’sAll services were approved by the following Principals: Ms. Cynthia Watson, Mr. Kelvin Monroe and Ms. Adrian Daye.